We strive to be a school of excellence with effective instruction and high quality staff who encourage all students to become responsible, successful learners in and through the arts.
Please call us to schedule a school tour or a meeting with our school principal. We are eager to show you why we are proud of all that Folwell has to offer.
- Rigorous academics infused with the arts provide our students with unique learning opportunities. We work hard to meet students' individual needs.
- Engaged, diverse learners make our school a comparable illustration of the real, global world.
- Caring, dedicated teachers create responsive classrooms by connecting with students through proven teaching strategies.
- Rich arts traditions which help students develop appreciation, skills and performance in orchestra, vocal music, band, visual arts and dance/theatre class/production offered after school.
- Generous community partners and local arts organizations collaborate with our school, including Project Success, University of MN, MN Opera Co. and Perpich Center for the Arts.
- Social activities, academic or community service projects, advisory and parent-teacher meetings provide families with excellent involvement opportunities coordinated by our Family Involvement Liaison.
- All-day High Five, All-day kindergarten and extended-day activities are available.
- English and Spanish interpretation and support.
- Local artists work alongside classroom teachers to integrate the arts in classroom instruction.
- School hours are from 8:40 - 3:10.
- Folwell is a PreK-8th grade performing arts magnet school located in southeast Minneapolis.