Please call us to schedule a school tour or a meeting with our school principal. We are eager to show you why we are proud of all that Folwell has to offer.
- Engaged, diverse learners make our school a comparable illustration of the real, global world.
- Caring, dedicated teachers create responsive classrooms by connecting with students through proven teaching strategies.
- Social activities, academic or community service projects, advisory and parent-teacher meetings provide families with excellent involvement opportunities coordinated by our Family Liaison.
- All-day High Five, all-day kindergarten and extended-day activities are available.
- English, Spanish, and Somali interpretation and support.
- School hours are from 8:25 am- 2:55 pm.
- Folwell is a PreK-5th grade school located in southeast Minneapolis.
It is the Vision of Folwell School to be a school of excellence with caring staff, rigorous instruction, and inquisitive, brilliant students in every area of social and academic discipline.
It is the Mission of Folwell School to be a Community School that is collaborative and innovative using site-based educational models to meet the unique needs of our brilliant students, enrich their learning, and prepare them for college, career and life.
Welcome Principal Lacy Cannon
I am originally from New York and have lived in the state of MN for the past thirty years. I am married to my wife for thirty-four years and we have three children. I have been an educator for over twenty years. Thirteen of those years in the Osseo School District in the department of Equity and Inclusion working with administrators, teachers, educators, students, and families in reducing the achievement gap and supporting all students in their journey of life-long learning. I have also worked at Parnassus Preparatory school as the elementary principal for three years and for the past four years in the Minneapolis Public School district as the Assistant Principal at SW High School.
Being an educator is not only my job, but I also believe my calling and I have enjoyed serving students, staff, families, and community over my tenure as an educator. I am enthusiastic and honored to be the new Principal for Folwell School, I look forward to meeting, working, and serving with all in the Folwell School Community. When I am not working, you can find me in my garden, reading, walking, and hiking.