GRADE - ART
lines and what they express through line only weather expressions.
Use LINE VARIATION and create a landscape showing foreground, midground, and background.
Show the weather and paint.
- Paint a STILL LIFE using lines to make shapes.
- Design a robot
with GEOMETRIC shapes from construction
- Geometric shapes in ARCHITECTURE .
Draw a building
geometric and free-form shapes.
- Build a CLAY FORM.
Create a building, with etched texture.
- Draw a
placement of features in the face. Proportion
- POSITIVE and NEGATIVE
space stencil PRINTING.
- DEPTH is created in a LANDSCAPE by using foreground, midground, and background. Show depth in a diorama ,and through a landscape drawing. (see above)
- OVERLAPPING creates depth in a drawing.
- Illustrate a story
- Art History
- “Tar Beach” by writer/illustrator/painter
Faith Ringhold (video and discussion)
- Create a printed
frame for the illustration.
- Share the story and illustration
- Intermediate colors
(blending primary colors to create
colors. COLOR WHEEL
- COOL colors.
Create an amusement park in cool colored
- WARM colors. Create an imaginative painting using
colored craypa. Surrealism
- COLOR CONTRAST. Create an underwater scene using
warm colored fish on cool color paper background.
- Create a 3-D paper sculpture.
- Relief Sculpture in CLAY, *Etched TILES.
- Approximate symmetry
in SELF-PORTRAITS. See earlier lesson in portraiture.
- SYMMETRY in totem poles. **if
and dark VALUES to emphasize an area
COLLAGE with a variety of texture.
PRINT a variety of motifs (shapes) to create rhythm, and a feeling of movment.
rhythm. Design a QUILT
using a regular rhythm motif pattern.
* (Use this lesson with the STORY
PICTURE ILLUSTRATION lesson )
VARIETY, rhythm, and UNITY
a WEAVING with a variety of colors
and textures. crazy paper weaving
a paper MOSAIC . Create harmony through repetition of color and